This is a great question and it has taken us years to get there, but we are now there.
If you look at the top end of town such as with the Big 4, plus companies such as Telstra, they have all been buying tech companies for many years. The reason for this is that they want to stay relevant to their clients and prospects and build their businesses.
If you have a look on our web site you will see that we offer a vast array of both products and services already.
Technology is affecting many markets and for a quick snapshot let’s have a look at the Accounting marketplace.
Some Accounting firms have been growing well as they are using tech like the Big 4. Others have not been growing very quickly as tech is hurting their business models. For instance Artificial intelligence isn’t coming. It’s already here. Early investments by large firms, including several of the Big Four, have paid off with advanced technology that can, among other things, slash the amount of time accountants spend on complex audits and asset estimates.
Now all firms, even small ones, should be thinking about how to adopt advanced technology like artificial intelligence (AI), whether it will be by contracting with specialized technology companies or building their own departments, said Derek Bang, CPA, CGMA, the chief strategy and innovation officer at Chicago-based Crowe Horwath, one of the largest accounting firms in the United States.
“They’re going to have to have a strategy,” Bang said. “You need to start putting some money aside into innovation.”
So it looks like Accounting firms need to start to become tech firms as well.
Being a complete tech solution is not something that Go Systems has the resources to put together, however, we realised some years ago that SMB does better with smart collaboration.
So we have collaborated with a range of organisations each of which is about our size and have been working on projects together for some years.
We call this the CEO’s of Cloud Alliance which offers total Business Transformation for clients and prospects.
The team offers the following:
- Go Systems – You all know what we do, and if not check out the blog on our web site as we update it regularly.
- Intranets and Applications Development – Customers looking for an Intranet or an application can solve a customer, staff or process issue can find a solution here.
- ERP Solution – Full Cloud based solution for businesses that do not have a Line of Business Application (think accounting, medical, real estate on property management side). This would suite distributors, importers, engineering and construction industry etc.
- Client Side Advocate – Most customers do not have the team to implement a solution nor do a due diligence on a range of options for moving to the Cloud. This team which includes programmers, accountants, vCFO, vCOO roles solves this problem.
- Payment Gateway specialist firm – Payment solutions for any business.
So Go Systems now does a lot of consulting for our clients and looks for ways to improve processes. Look out for next week when I start to present some of the user stories.